Internship experience of Zura Isebiya
Curious about the internship experience of Zura Isebiya? Read Zura’s findings here.
1: How did you experience the internship at Convident (overall)?
What I really liked about my internship at Convident was the responsibility I was given. You can do a lot if you show good commitment. You learn a lot from this and you can apply your knowledge. You are also asked for your opinion, which makes you feel like a full-fledged colleague within the company. If you do not understand something or you have a question, you are also helped quickly and well. In short, it is a nice internship that I would recommend to others!
2: Were you well received by our colleagues (work atmosphere)?
The staff within the company is very friendly and they are always open to help you. Even if you are from another department, they still try to help you where it is needed. The communication is also very nice, they use the program “Slack”. This allows you to chat and video call each other, very convenient especially if you work from home (corona).
3: Would you recommend future interns to do an internship at Convident?
Definitely! If you are looking for an internship where you really take part in the company, Convident is definitely a must. You learn a lot, there is always something to do and you get a lot of responsibility.
4: What grade would you give your internship at Convident and why?
A 9 and this is why:
- Questions were answered quickly and well which allowed me to continue working well.
- I received a lot of explanations and information which allowed me to work more efficiently.
- I was regularly asked how things were going and if I had a problem I was gladly helped.
- Every Monday of the week there was a video interview (or face to face interview) with the marketing/communications department. During these calls there was an opportunity to ask questions and discuss things. Everyone’s schedule for the week was also discussed. This gives you a good idea of what everyone will be doing and allows you to schedule calls with someone if needed.
- I got a lot of feedback on things I had made or was working on.
5: What will you take away from Convident for the rest of your career?
The work was a lot of fun and educational. I was able to improve my learning goals tremendously and gained a lot of knowledge and experience. I also learned a lot while working around internal projects. Here I not only gained knowledge about SEO, web design and (online) marketing, I also improved my personal skills. Skills such as accountability, communication, collaboration, problem solving I was able to grow tremendously. Thanks to all the accountability I was given, it also felt like a real job, this was very nice as an experience!